Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Vocal Tip-How to Perfectly Sing High Notes

When I was in college, I was taught to never sing from your throat and to always make sure that I'm using enough support (from my diaphragm) to place my notes above and towards the center of my nose. As the notes are placed in the center of my nose, the notes should feel like they are passing through a narrow needle and buzzing on my forehead. This advice helped me to sing effortlessly when I would sing my notes.

Now, to sing high notes, a good tip would be to visualize the high notes. To do this, I would pretend my head is the chimney and the notes as smoke coming out of the chimney. When I would sing my high note, I would picture the note shooting out of my head after developing much support from my diaphragm.

This was a great way to help me sing songs like "O Mio Babbino Caro," "Quando Me'n Vo" and "Lovers" by Kathleen Battle.


When you sing, you want to sing your notes effortlessly without any straining.

No comments:

Post a Comment